Pumpkin Spice Masala Chai Tea Infused Cookies
Here at Fava Tea Company, we are baking up our favorite tea infused fall treats for the season ahead! These Pumpkin Spice Masala Chai Tea Infused Cookies are perfect for Thanksgiving or an every day pairing with your go-to cup of loose leaf tea. Vegan, gluten free and melt-in-your mouth; there’s nothing stopping you from adding these to your weekend plans!
If you have never tried a tea infused recipe before, this is a great one to give a go. Our cookies are simple to prepare, an overall easy bake and perfect for this time of year!
Add our chai spiced cream cheese frosting on top for an extra decadent flavor; (we won’t tell anyone if you to eat the leftovers with a spoon)!
Cookie Dough Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (we like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp egg replacer (flax seed + water works great)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons Fava’s Masala Chai Tea
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Fava’s Masala Chai Tea
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blitz your
Masala Chai Tea until it is a fine powder. If you have any extra “chunky” bits, filter these out with a flour sifter.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together, adding about two tablespoons of the powdered tea. You can add two and a half tablespoons of tea for a stronger flavor. Set your remaining tea powder aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the non-dairy butter and sugars together until fluffy. Then add in your pumpkin puree and beat to combine. The mixture may look lumpy, but this is normal!
- Add the flour mixture slowly into the wet ingredients. Mix only until the dough forms and be careful not to overmix.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan for the best results.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon large and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will look slightly underdone and puffy, but will continue to bake as they cool. Leave cookies on the pan 4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Whip the vegan cream cheese with your hand mixer before
slowly incorporating the sugars. Finally add the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining Masala Chai Tea. Spread a dollop of frosting on each of your cookies once they are cool.
The hardest part of making these Masala Chai Tea Infused Cookies is not eating the entire pan 😉 . We really hope you enjoy these treats and that you’ll share your pictures with us on Instagram or Facebook!