Fall is in the air, and nothing is more enjoyable than a warm cup of tea in your hands. But, if you’re anything like us, it’s a difficult choice between a hot cup of apple cider, a soothing brew of chamomile, or a spicy cinnamon latte. The good news – you can now have all three in one simple recipe!
- 2 tsp Chamomile Blossoms
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Spice Rooibos
- 1 sweet apple (we used Gala!)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- Honey (to taste)
- Cinnamon (for topping)
- Bring your water to a rolling boil and add the Chamomile Blossoms and Cinnamon Spice Rooibos. You can complete this step however you prefer to brew tea, but we always recommend using a basket filter or Magic Tea Maker for the best brew! Steep the leaves for 5 minutes.
- While your tea is brewing, peel and dice your apple into small pieces. Add to a blender.
- Once your tea is finished steeping, remove the tea leaves and pour the brewed mixture into the blender with the apples. Let it sit, preferably covered, for a few minutes while you heat your milk.
- In a saucepan, combine your oat milk and honey. We liked one teaspoon of honey, but you can add more or use less based on your preference! Bring to a simmer, about 180 degrees.
- Optional: Separate 1/4 cup of the milk mixture and froth using a milk frother.
- Pour the milk mixture evenly into two prepared mugs.
- Blend the apple and tea mixture until smooth.
- Pour the apple and tea mixture evenly into the mugs to combine with the milk. For a smoother cup, you may want to filter out some of the apple residue.
- Top with frothed milk (if prepared) and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon! Enjoy!