As the weather gets hotter and hotter we are always looking for new ways to enjoy our loose leaf iced tea. This is why we are so excited to introduce the recipe for our Creamy Matcha Popsicles! These decadent, sweet treats are perfect to beat the summer heat and they are incredibly easy to make.
You can use any matcha flavor combination from our Matcha line here. In this recipe, we used Blueberry Matcha and Raspberry Matcha with fresh fruit, but you could also explore the possibility of Vanilla Matcha, Coconut Cream Matcha, Traditional Matcha or even our single serve packets. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
Ingredients & Supplies
- 3 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Yogurt
- 1.5 Cups Fresh Fruit (Blueberries or Raspberries)
- 5 tbsp Fava Tea Matcha Powder (we recommend one of our flavored/sweetened matchas)
- Popsicle Mold or Dixie Cups with Popsicle Sticks
- First decide if you are going to make one or two flavors of matcha pops. For this recipe, we decided to do three raspberry and three blueberry. If you do two flavors like we did, then simply divide the recipe in half! If you choose to stick to one flavor, follow the recipe and ingredients as written.
- To start, we took 1/4 cup of each type of fresh fruit and heated it until the fruit was a runny sauce. You can do this on a stove top, or in the microwave. We then combined half of each fruit mixture with 1/2 a cup of coconut yogurt. We took the remaining 2 cups of coconut yogurt and divided it evenly into two bowls. We mixed in 2.5 tbsp of blueberry matcha to one cup of yogurt and 2.5 tbsp of raspberry matcha to the other cup. At this point, you should have three mixtures: fruit sauce, fruit & yogurt, and matcha & yogurt.
- Now you can start assembling! Start by spooning your fruit mixtures evenly into the bottom of your popsicle molds. Then spoon your fruit and yogurt mixture evenly on top of your respective fruit. Finally, spoon your matcha mixtures on top of the fruit and yogurt. Once you have all three layers in each mold, sprinkle the remaining fresh fruit pieces on the top of each popsicle, mixing in the chunks with a popsicle stick.
- Once you have finished placing your popsicle sticks in the molds, freeze for a minimum of five hours. When they are nice and frosty, run hot water over the molds to easily remove your popsicles. Store them by wrapping each matcha pop in wax paper for up to a week!
- Let us know what you think, and tag Fava Tea in your creations if you give this recipe a try!
Print Your Own Recipe